Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Good evening my faithful readers! EMT training class is almost up. I've just got to take the final, finish up clinicals and then I'm cleared to take the National Registry exam. So cheers to that! It's been a pretty tough class, and I am NOT looking forward to the final, but I've been studying hard, so hopefully I'll be ready.

Heres a "stuff learned" list!

1. Death is hard to treat. So we (as EMS professionals) try to avoid that particular symptom.
2. The most common complication of a laceration to the jugular vein is an air embolism.
3. Always check for hypoglycemia if your patient appears drunk.
4. Always check for an exit wound if your treating a GSW.
5. If the steering wheel is deformed.. the patient probably hit it with his head.. which is bad.
6. Delivering a baby is messy.
7. Vomit comes in all the colors of the rainbow.
8. Try not to give a kid the adult does of epinephrine.
9. ALWAYS make sure the KED is propperly attached. It can, and will, lacerate off(thats O. F. F.) a nipple. Patients tend to get pissed and write up complaints when you lacerate off their nipples...

And thats it for now. I could continue on and on, and maybe I will later. For now, heres a picture of me and my stethoscope staying up late to study! ALSO! clinicals are soon, so hopefully I'll have some awesome stories to tell (I'll have to be slightly vauge for HIPAA 's sake, but I'll make it work) .

No comments:

Post a Comment